Station 1 – Vital Signs
– TAKE OFF LAB COAT
– WASH HANDS
– Ask consent and take BP, Tympanic temperature, HR and respiratory rate
– Report back with units and comment on findings (normal?)
– Asked question why in example situation BP would be low (answer was infection)
Station 2 – Patient Interview
– Introduce, ask consent, full name & DOB, state confidentiality, ask why visit today, whats wrong, how does it affect their life etc.
Station 3 – Drug Dilutions
– Asked to dilute drug
– Asked to do a calculation
Station 4 – Microbiology
-Asked to streak plate. Make sure to disinfect loop continuously and streak in hexagon pattern.
-Asked to fill in table based on pictures of plates whereafter asked what it is.